Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Con Update

Well I have registered for KawaKon '10.  Got it in early enough that the cost was almost half last years ticket.  Which is fantastic cause this year we'll be staying in the hotel rather then at a friends house.  That in itself makes me happy last year I was tired and wanted to crash not navigate us back, even if it was a gorgeous house that we had to ourselves.  That and the other perk is who I will be going with.  As of the moment its only the two of us but at least I won't feel like I'm dragging him along.  Yay for being single ... err well sort of.  Yay for being done with bad news and possibly on to better things? 
But on to the heart and soul of this post, what I'm wearing to said con.
Only two this year, well two that I will be trucking around the whole day in, I'm trying something new.  Instead of three costumes, one for each day, I'm going to make a couple costumes more for special events, ie the Rave or going swimming.  So here's the current lineup:
Friday- Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell SAC.  I'm wearing the 1st GIG costume sans the motorcycle jacket but getting a pair of white jeans and the jacket from 2nd GIG so I can change it up, and not freeze my perfectly shaped ass off.  (Can you tell that when I got rid of him I got my ego back?)
Saturday- Codename Sailor V.  No not Sailor Venus.  Well it is, but its pre-Sailor Moon.  Bit of trivia here, Sailor Moon was not the first scout, acutally she wasn't even the first one created.  Originally it was just Sailor V.  You remember the game she always went on and on about in the anime?  Or the outfit Sailor V wore the first time they saw her, with the red mask?  Yea that outfit.  I'm totally psyched about this one too almost more the my Kusanagi just because I get someone else to cosplay with, from the same series.  No I don't have another Sailor Scout, I gots myself Tuxedo Mask.  Of course we're still trying to figure out how Sailor V got Sailor Moon's man but meh, it was before Sailor Moon's time right? 
Sunday- Kusanagi again.  Since I can do the pants I can kinda make two costumes out of this one.  Though chances are I'll wear it the same both days cause I'm like that.
Now as for the other two costumes, the Rave and Swimming, let me explain a little about those.  For the rave you always see girls do the neko thing.  And cool and fun as it is, its a little old.  Ok like really old.  I see a multitude of girls in black outfits with cat ears and tails.  -_-" Fail.  So as I can do better, I opted to be a fox.  Oh no I'm not going to wear all black, hell at this point I only have a vague idea of what I want to wear to the Rave save the tail and ears... no that's not an option.  Ok as for the other.  Raise your hand if you've played DOA?  Yes yes everyone.  So you all can officially shut up now, I'm breaking down and doing a Kasumi costume.  And not just her little blue number oh, no.  I want more then that, try the swimsuit.  No not the black that she wore in DOA Extreme (didnt think I knew that did ya?) this is meant to go with the blue and white she normally wears.  Now this isn't going to be made with my omg that's not 100% accurate ocd.  Or hopefully it won't be.  I'm making more from my curiousity of putting a redhead in a blue and white kimono-ish outfit and see how many times someone things I'm Kasumi.  Then tell them I'm not.  Yes I have a twisted sense of humor.  ... shit customers inbound I'll post more later.

0 comments: