Wednesday, February 3, 2010

more progress.

I want to have Seras basically done by the end of the week... I may get there.  I'm off all day Thursday so hopefully I can buckle down and get her finished.  But I did work on her quite a bit tonight.  I ordered my contacts for her earlier today.  They should be arriving in a couple of weeks.  But lets see, I had the liner of the outfit put together from the last time I worked on her, tonight I got all the darts in it, and trust me, I darted the absolute hell out of that shirt.  But hey its fitted down to me now ^_^  Took long enough.  I'm running into a problem in where the placement of the buttons will go, if all goes well mom will be off Thursday or at least get home earlier then 1045 so she can give me her opinion.  But tomorrow I want to get the outside of the shirt put together and darted so I can get a better feel for it.  I need to decide where that hem will be too, that may need to be done before mom is brought in.  Of course as soon as I get that done then I'll be down to the collar and the sleeves (the white and red things).  So I'm getting there.  Here's a couple pics I snapped while I was working on it.  The first is of the liner (inside out I know, but the inside of the jacket will be the same yellow as the outside), the second is the liner turned inside out so you can get an idea of what it will look like when I'm finished.  The last in this set is of the darts I had to begrudgingly put in the back.  Her jacket doesn't have darts in the back but their is no way i could get it fitted down to me proper without it. 

 

  

  

I did get something completed this evening too.  For the Fox costume I've been debating on if I wanted bracelets or what.  I came up with this idea, I don't know if I'm sold on it, but I didn't have anyone handy to help me lace it so I'm going to reserve judgment till I can get a better look at it.  The anklet (second pic) is a piece I've had done since January I've just never uploaded.  



 

As always more pictures of my progress can be found on my flickr.  Theirs a lot more I'd like to say but I have to be getting to bed so I can go to work in the morning!

0 comments: